We are looking for a Community Manager who will help us support, connect, and grow ToposWare’s online and offline communities.
Topos is an open-source project that cares deeply about supporting its many communities. Having healthy communities is critical for the long-term health of Topos by ensuring that all contributors and users are welcome, engaged, and getting the help they need.
As ToposWare’s Community Manager, you will be responsible for providing tactical support for our community, creating our global community strategy, and executing this strategy on the ground. Day-to-day, you might help us respond to community support questions, coordinate online and offline events, update existing documentation and issues for accuracy, and manage a team of global community ambassadors. Week-to-week in this role, you might design and implement new community engagement programs, conduct community research, and work with our communications and events teams to plan larger conferences and other events. As Community Manager, you will be the face of Topos to the community. Through it all -- the tactical and strategic work -- your warmth and thoughtfulness will be needed to maintain welcoming spaces for our community members.
This role comes with a tremendous amount of responsibility, but will also require you to get your hands dirty and execute. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love for you to apply.
- You will:
- Manage all community communications channels, including Slack, Matrix, Twitter, Discourse, Reddit, email, and more
- Respond to open-source inbounds (questions and support requests) from community members and help triage support requests to the appropriate team
- Synthesize product feedback from the community and relay this to the rest of our team
- Develop written content to increase understanding and usability of the Topos protocol
- Create new community engagement programs to increase the size, reach, and quality of our global communities
- Create a global community strategy that incorporates your insights and research about different community groups
- What is required from you to succeed with us:
- Deeply understand distributed computing networks, blockchains, their communities, and how they tend to work
- Previously managed communities for open-source projects (preferably more than one)
- Have experience with developer relations and developer support
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- Enjoy taking initiative to solve open-ended problems
- Ideally experienced with:
- Writing documentation or producing other content to synthesize and simplify technical concepts for technical and non-technical audiences
- Coordination of large events and conferences in the past