Distributed Systems Engineer (Blockchain)
You want to be a major contributor of an ambitious project's design and architecture? You're not afraid to try new things and push boundaries? You take great delight in taking on challenges? You're seeking for a thrilling and blooming tech-first business and a caring and collaborating environment? Read on!
We are developing a next-generation interoperable blockchain ecosystem based on zero-knowledge proofs that provides tamper resistance and data privacy.
- The Topos ecosystem is under active development, and as part of your role, you will be tasked with designing core features, improving the performance and reliability of the ecosystem.
- This role is ideal for engineers with expertise in blockchain, distributed systems, and security in protocol design. You can bring in your knowledge and your experience and grow further with the team.
- We are looking for a talented, hardworking, forward-thinking and ambitious senior (5+ years) profile to help us grow our solutions.
- Be a technical leader on various projects across the platform.
- Research potential use cases in the blockchain field, lead the needs, development and implementation of such use cases as part of a coherent product roadmap.
- Design communication protocols bridging multiple p2p networks.
- Major contributions on the strategic directions with the engineering team.
- Work with open source community by collaborating with external contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events, facilitating information exchange between our community and other open source communities.
- In a nutshell, half of us are academics in mathematics and cryptography, and the other half software engineers. We are dispatched all over the world, with our first office in Tokyo and our brand new HQ located in Boston, MA, United States.
- We strive for a transparent and thoughtful collaboration between autonomous, efficient and caring people.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Significant work experience in Distributed Systems and/or Networking (notably p2p).
- Major interest and expertise in Distributed Systems design, development, optimization and operation, especially in a Byzantine context.
- Solid awareness of the key challenges rising from distributed data storage (e.g. availability, consistency, scalability).
- Strong hands-on experience in securing p2p distributed systems (e.g. against typical attacks such as Sybil attacks, Eclipse attacks, etc.).
- Deep understanding of key metrics in distributed networks (e.g. latency, throughput).
- Strong general networking knowledge (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, load balancing, QoS).
- Strong programming background in one or more of the following languages: Rust, C++11, Go.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Blockchain enthusiast and being familiar with use cases and applications based on it.
- Interest in the cryptography commonly used in blockchain.
- Familiarity with Web Assembly (wasm).
- Experience in designing p2p system.
- Experience working on open-source projects.
- Experience collaborating on a distributed team.
- You make your own schedule, as long as your communication buffer allows bounded asynchrony.
- You work from wherever you want, as long as your working space remains suitable for focus (we don't recommend the hammock).
- A compensation that reaches the heights of your profile.
- A chance to be part of an exciting journey into an incredibly effervescent field.
If you seek for a better insight into how we work, let us list our five fundamental principles:
- Knowledge - Contribute to and share knowledge
- Collaboration - Unite together to transcend ideas
- Efficiency - Thrive for achievements
- Care - Be conscious about your work and the people around
- Transparency - Say what you think and think what you say