Senior Software Engineer (Blockchain)
Toposware is developing a next-generation interoperable blockchain ecosystem based on zero-knowledge proofs that provides tamper resistance and data privacy.
The Topos ecosystem is under active development, and as part of your role, you will be tasked with designing new features, improving the performance and reliability of ecosystem.
This role is ideal for engineers with expertise in blockchain, distributed system, and security in protocol design.
You can bring in your knowledge and your experience and grow further with the team.
We are looking for a talented, hardworking, forward-thinking and ambitious person to help us grow our solutions.
- What you'll be doing:
- Be a technical leader on various projects across the platform, and be a major contributor of the entire platform’s architecture.
- Research potential use cases in the blockchain field, lead the needs, development and implementation of such use cases as part of a coherent product roadmap.
- Major contributions on the strategic directions with the engineering team.
- Work with open source community by collaborating with external contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events, facilitating information exchange between our community and other open source communities.
- What we need to see:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of significant work experience in any of these: Linux systems, Cloud, Distributed Systems, Networking.
- Strong programming background in one or more of the following languages: Rust, C++11, Java, Go.
- Security-first development mindset.
- Experience with tools for CI/CD setup such as Jenkins, Gitlab CI, CircleCI, Artifactory or similar tools.
- Familiar with containerization (Docker, Helm) and orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm).
- General web networking knowledge (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, load balancing, QoS).
- Switch effectively between long-term strategic management and near-term tactical management.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Blockchain enthusiast and being familiar with use cases and applications based on it.
- Strong programming experience with Rust.
- Experience with wasm.
- Experience with designing, implementing, and benchmarking highly performant programs.
- Experience working on a large, complex, distributed system such as a distributed database, cluster controllers, etc.
- Experience working on open-source projects.
- Experience collaborating on a distributed team.